Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Baby Fix






Hey all it Sariah!
Theater is going great Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett ended in feb with mixed reviews but a huge sense of accomplishment and pride from all those who participated. Now we are on to Chapter Two by Niel Simon. Stangely enough this is the play that inspired Jack Wayland to write Charley. It is quite the task for a new theater to take on. The rights cost us $125 for each night we preform 9 total, but the cost is worth it. This is our second preformance in our first season and already we have dug ourselves out of the red by presenting ourselves as the new professional theater of Reno Nv. Goodluckmacbeth.org if you would like to give it a look. I am stage manager for this show as well as the last and am glad for the things I learn each day. We open the first weekend in May and run every weekend.
School is going well and (fingers crossed) hopefully I will be at Univ of Utah for fall 09 semester. I havent got a letter either way yet. UofU has a great Stage Management program and I cannot wait to attend.
A few weeks ago a friend asked me where I see myself in four years. I replied, "With a kid on both knees or a directer in one corner and a producer in the other." He laughed and asked if that was basically the same thing :) Whichever life holds in store will be grand I am sure. That brings us to my baby fix.
My dad and I drove to Hagerman Id (a eight and a half hour drive for me) to my grandparents house to visit my uncle and his to kids who had flown in from Florida. I had a blast Emma the 10 month old was the sweetest easiest girl, friendly,social, adventurious and never fussy - and Alex the almost three year old reminded me that I didnt need kids just yet :) he was a sweety once we became friends but still more then a handfull. We played in the dirt together!
Now before I post pictures I want all of you to heckle my mother, Jonah and ELiza into posting on here more often: ask about prom, water polo, math counts, honor society, the cats, the house, moms calling - whatever you like, lets see if we can get a responce (wink wink)

3 comments:

scooping it up said...

Yay Sariah! I love Waiting for Godot, it is a beautiful play. I haven't read or seen chapter two, I will check it out. It's always good to get a baby fix. I need them all the time. :) Net Net, give us an update!

Grandma Pearl said...

Sariah,
We hope by now you have heard from the U of U. A great college and it sounds like the program in theater is just what you want so hopefully it works out.
I'm not familiar with everything your doing but it sounds great.
The baby is cute and I'm glad your continuing to look at school before babies.
I bowled 210 the last night of bowling. :)
Love,
Grandma Pearl

Grandma Jane said...

HI Sariah, good to hear from you. You are busy and having lots of fun. Didn't know you were changing schools! Is it safe to call you a techie? :) Emma is a darling name.
There are so many names that rock out there. I too would like to see an update from the Net Net.